[Samba] symlink on Linux vs. Windows clients

tovis mailer.tovis at freemail.hu
Thu Feb 14 17:13:37 GMT 2008

I'm using SAMBA for many years, in my SOHO - I'm quite satisfied.
One small question is up every time when I'm creating a symlink on the
SAMBA server box from a share to point to a moint point for example
/mnt/some_block_device (of course read/writable for particular user),
windows cleanly "see" it, as a directory entry - I cían copy/remove do
everything what could be done on the share. When I'm using the same share
on a Linux box (I'm a Debian lover) it's seen as a broken symlink!
This is the normal behavior? Can I change it some way?

tovis