[Samba] Help "Could not get unix ID"

Linux Addict linuxaddict7 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 15:53:29 GMT 2008

Greetings!!!

I am using samba 3.0.28 clients authenticating AD R2 with SFU 3.5. I
have setup nss info to template, sfu get the uid, gid, home dir and
shell from AD.

The problem is it seems to be working for sometime, and then it says
could not get uid/gid pair. I am assuming some kind of caching is
causing this.

My understanding with SFU is that, there wont be any mappings and the
specific user will pull the uid,gid from AD Unix Attributes.

The winbindd-idmap file throws the following error.

nsswitch/idmap_ad.c:idmap_ad_sids_to_unixids(613)
  Could not get unix ID

This is testparam output.

idmap backend = ad
        idmap uid = 16777216-33554431
        idmap gid = 16777216-33554431
        template shell = /bin/bash
        winbind separator = +
        winbind enum users = Yes
        winbind enum groups = Yes
        winbind use default domain = Yes
        winbind nss info = template, sfu

Please someone help me to all linux clients authenticate consistently from AD.

Thank you..