[Samba] ldap passwd sync not working

Jerome Tournier jtournier at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 18:56:43 GMT 2008

Le Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 09:44:01AM -0200, Fabiano Caixeta Duarte a ecrit:
> Hi, there!
> When my XP users try to change passwords, they get a message saying that
> password has been changed. That's not true!

I can confirmed you that the following configuration work for me:

unix password sync = No
ldap passwd sync = Yes
passwd program = /usr/sbin/smbldap-passwd -u %u
passwd chat = "Changing password for*\nNew password*" %n\n "*Retype new password*" %n\n"

If you have not set the last directive, you should do: 'smbldap-password'
does not prompt you the same way as 'passwd' for example. You sould also be
careful to not add space or other caracter.

--
Jerome Tournier
GPG key ID (pgp.mit.edu): 75FE0A51