[Samba] Wrong perms on new files/dirs using smbmount

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Wed Feb 13 17:31:53 GMT 2008

Greetings-

I am working through coming up with a Linux client integration to Samba PDC's.

I mount several shares with this sort of syntax:
/bin/mount -t cifs -o credentials=/home/userid/.smbcredentials,uid=userid,gid=userid,dmask=0777,fmask=0666 //ldslnx01/data /mnt/ldslnx01/data/

However when I create new files/dirs on the Samba share from the Linux workstation, the perms are not 0666/0777 as I have specified.

Historically I set those perms on the share, and that has always worked with Windows clients.

I added that bit to the mount command, but it made no difference.

I believe I end up with 0755/0644, but do not hold me to that as I have simply verified it is not correct and that is all the checking I have done.

Thanks!

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems