[Samba] Kaspersky Anti-virus unable to join Domain

Dennis McLeod dmcleod at foranyauto.com
Wed Feb 13 16:07:31 GMT 2008

 It turns out that this is the case.
I'm using the Kaspersky Administration Kit.
When the machine booted the first time, it was in a general group (In the
admin kit), which didn't have a policy defined.
So, it started with Anti-hacker turned on.
Once I moved it to the correct group, it pulled down the correct policy, and
then allowed domain logins.
Interesting to note, until it did that, it wouldn't login to the domain,
even after I got it to join.
Thanks for the heads up on the Anti-Hacker settings. I only have 4 machines
on KAV6 so far. The Anti-hacker wasn't part of KAV5. I had it disabled in my
test installation, until I could get up to speed on it.
Thanks,
Dennis