[Samba] Issue with version 3.0.28 on FC8

Walter Mahla wmahla at mac.com
Tue Feb 12 02:52:38 GMT 2008

I am a newbie, so any help would be most appreciated.

I am in the process of building a new Linux box (Fedora Core 8) to
replace a fairly ancient FC4 box.  I am have an issue on the FC8 box
with samba that I did not have on the FC4 box.  (The FC8 box is
running samba version 3.0.28, the FC4 box is running 3.0.23.)

I have a network attached scanner (HP Officejet L7680) which has
worked flawlessly with my FC4 box.  On my FC8 box, it will connect and
transfer a file after sitting idle for a while.  If I try to do a
second scan after the first one completes, the scanner can not connect
to the server.  If I wait some time before trying again, it works.

I see no errors in logs at all.  Not sure if the problem is samba or
the scanner.

Your help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Walt