[Samba] samba locking and gfs

Markus Neis NiCE2Kn0w at web.de
Sat Feb 9 14:17:30 GMT 2008

Hi there,
I run samba as a PDC and tried to make this PDC high available with redhat cluster suite and gfs. I experienced the following problem while doing this:
If I set the option locking = no in smb.conf it takes about 4 minutes to copy a file of 1GB size. If I set locking = yes it takes about 1 hour. Im not sure if locking = no sets locking off for all locking options. At least I need locking for some of my shares. Are there some useful options for gfs or recommendations?

Thanks, markus