[Samba] Sharing the \ filesystem - different samba versions

Michael W Cocke cocke at catherders.com
Sat Feb 9 12:34:05 GMT 2008

This may sound stupid, but I'm honestly missing it - I was running
Fedora 5, samba version 3.0.24.  I just switch to Centos 5, samba
version 3.0.23c.  I made no changes to my smb.conf.  I used to have
the / filesystem shared as sys.  that no longer works - the 'lowest'
on the tree I can share now is the next level up (/home, /etc,
whatever) - the root filesystem just won't allow me to mount.  my user
permissions seem to be correct.  Any clues?

Thanks!

Mike-
--
If you're not confused, you're not trying hard enough.