[Samba] Samba 3 and Windows ACL Editor

Michael Heydon michaelh at jaswin.com.au
Thu Feb 7 22:59:58 GMT 2008

Hervé Hénoch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have installed  a Samba 3.0.24 with LDAP.
>
> I have the following problem when I want to run the XP ACL Editor on a
> file in shared directory, I always have the same reponse : it can't
> write authorization changes. Acces denied.
>
> The directory involved is a local directory /home/samba/partage and it
> have the following rigths : 0777
What permissions are you trying to change? if you want anything more
than user, group, other you will need to make sure your file system
supports posix ACLs.

> socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
Unrelated, but this is depreciated on modern systems (2.6+ linux
kernels, and most other OSes I think).

*Michael Heydon - IT Administrator *
michaelh at jaswin.com.au <mailto:michaelh at jaswin.com.au>