[Samba] Re: windows printer config management

Brian May bam at snoopy.apana.org.au
Thu Feb 7 04:04:21 GMT 2008

    Michael> Maybe the audit vfs module so you can see exactly which files it trys
    Michael> to access (if it tries) and why it can't.

Good suggestion.

    Michael> You don't have the client drivers setting enabled in your smb.conf do
    Michael> you? (I don't know what it would do, but it is meant for when the
    Michael> server doesn't have drivers loaded.)

I assume you mean the "use client driver" setting. I haven't set it,
so I assume it should be the default, no.

    Michael> Are you using a domain/user level security?

Domain level security

    Michael> Maybe you could just post your whole smb.conf and someone might spot
    Michael> something out of place.

I just tried to reproduce the problem on a new installation of
Windows, and it worked perfectly first time... :-(.

So probably not much point just yet in doing any more unless until I
can confirm if it is still a problem.
--
Brian May <bam at snoopy.apana.org.au>