[Samba] roaming profiles

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 23:09:18 GMT 2008

On Feb 6, 2008 5:57 PM, Charles Marcus <CMarcus at media-brokers.com> wrote:
> On 2/5/2008, John Drescher (drescherjm at gmail.com) wrote:
> > \\%SERVER%\NETLOGON\reg /Verbose /Set "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows
> > NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\ExcludeProfileDirs"="Local
> > Settings;Temporary Internet Files;Application Data\Mozilla;Cookies"
>
> ??
>
> Local Settings folder is excluded by default, and the 'Temporary
> Internet Files' folder is inside that folder...

I have had that in my login.bat since all of our desktops were windows
nt 4 (6 to 8 years ago). I know at one time roaming profiles did
transfer this around because my users complained when it took over 5
minutes to login and logoff. For one user it was the IE (5 or 6) cache
for another it was Netscape 4 cache. I admit I have not investigated
this in a long time so win2k or XP may have changed that behavior.

John