[Samba] secrets.tbd and ldap - migrating from one samba domain to another

Steven sjm8-samba at aptile.co.uk
Wed Feb 6 10:30:51 GMT 2008

Couldn't you backup the Machine SID and Domain SID from the original
server and restore them in to the new server so that it looks like the
same machine to all of the clients?

Like described here:
http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-Guide/upgrades.html

I've never done it, just noticed the advice while I was upgrading from
2.x to 3.x