[Samba] Re: windows printer config management

Michael Heydon michaelh at jaswin.com.au
Wed Feb 6 03:18:27 GMT 2008

Brian May wrote:

>     BM> * first time, windows complains that the server doesn't have the drivers.
>
>     Michael> This is odd and you will probably have to fix it before other things
>     Michael> work smoothly.
>
> I guess fixing this should be my first priority then. Any ideas how to
> debug what is going on?
>
> It is kind of painful that it works the second time :-(.

Maybe the audit vfs module so you can see exactly which files it trys to
access (if it tries) and why it can't.

You don't have the client drivers setting enabled in your smb.conf do
you? (I don't know what it would do, but it is meant for when the server
doesn't have drivers loaded.)

Are you using a domain/user level security?

Maybe you could just post your whole smb.conf and someone might spot
something out of place.

*Michael Heydon - IT Administrator *
michaelh at jaswin.com.au <mailto:michaelh at jaswin.com.au>