[Samba] Which antivirus for a Samba (Debian) fileserver?

Koen Linders koen.news at koca.be
Tue Feb 5 13:56:28 GMT 2008

I'm looking for an antivirus program for a Samba fileserver (PDC).

Is ClamAV good enough? It seems to be mainly used for mail servers...
Any other suggestion, free or non-free?

I tried F-secure antivirus for linux servers but it keeps giving problems.
All clients use F-secure which i centrally manage from another linux
server which is pretty good imo.

I read other people suggesting to use a different one for the server to
have a different "angle" for catching stuff instead of just one program.

Any suggestions?

Koen Linders