[Samba] File locking in a cluster

JEFFERY, Stuart Stuart.JEFFERY at eur.crowncork.com
Tue Feb 5 09:46:53 GMT 2008

Hi,

I have 2 Sun T1000's running Solaris 10 and Sun Cluster 3.2.
They are each connected to a fibre attached SATA RAID array which they
use as data storage area for PC clients.
Both servers are running Samba 3.0.25c.

The problem I have is that when a PC client access a file via Samba
running on server-a and another client accesses the same file via Samba
on server-b no locking is happening. Both PC clients are able to edit
the file and save changes with the other knowing about it.

Is there any way around this?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards

Stuart Jeffery

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE  The information contained in this
e-mail is intended only for the confidential use of the above
named recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or person
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you have
received this communication in error and must not distribute or
copy it. Please accept the sender's apologies, notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail and delete this communication.
Thank you.