[Samba] Aplication slow after migration

Felipe Martinez Hermo felipe at galicia.ugt.org
Mon Feb 4 16:45:34 GMT 2008

>> OK, so we're apples to apples, so to speak; the servers are tuned the
>> same.  I'll assume your disks are tuned from hdparm and up to snuff,
>> otherwise you wouldn't be tuning sockets ;).  Did your old server
>> have samba settings for oplocks set?
>>

>> --
>> Peace and Blessings,
>> -Scott.
>>
>> "Of course, that's just my opinion; I could be wrong"
>> -Dennis Miller
> Erm, sorry, I didn't catch that you had 2 .conf files there.  I'm back
> to the drawing board.  Sorry about that.  Anyone else have any ideas?
Yes, that's whats shocking me. Apparently we're apples to apples. Except
for the kernel (new&slow 2.6.18-4-686 vs old&fast 2.6.8)

I've sniffed both eth0 interfaces and I've got some more information.
When talking to the slow server, the client needs to send 76 "TCP
segment of a reassembled PDU" that are not sent when talking to the old
and fast server.

How can I workaround this issue? Should I lower server's MTU? How much?

Thank you

--
Felipe Martínez Hermo
felipe at galicia.ugt.org