[Samba] PANIC on 6 of my client servers .Please Help

Michael Heydon michaelh at jaswin.com.au
Sat Feb 2 02:08:00 GMT 2008

Brad Horrocks [Secure Office Services] wrote:
> Thanks guys,
> You've pretty well confirmed I was beating a dead horse (so to speak).
>
> I've downloaded slackware12 and am about to install it into a development server.
>
> Again much appreciated
>
> Regards
> Brad Horrocks

I won't dispute that slackware is a great distro, or that it tends to
have less problems with customising software, but surely it should be
possible to fix one application without wiping the whole system.

If samba is panicing then there is something wrong with it, that
something may be due to RH modifications or it might be something in
vanilla samba (easily tested by compiling from clean source).

At the end of the day, something is broken and while replacing
everything might work around the problem, it doesn't solve it.

*Michael Heydon - IT Administrator *
michaelh at jaswin.com.au <mailto:michaelh at jaswin.com.au>