[Samba] Is my kerberos ok with AD?

Francis Galiegue fg at one2team.com
Fri Feb 1 12:47:01 GMT 2008

Le vendredi 01 février 2008, John Hodrien a écrit :
[...]
> > Uhm, OK, I've only ever had to connect a Samba server to an ADS domain
once,
> > but all I had to type was "net ads join". The ticket was the
authentication
> > credentials all by itself (also obtained with kinit), I didn't have to
> > specify -U theuser.
> >
> > What if you skip the -U option?
>
> That would, I assume, also require your krb5.conf to be correct.  If it
> thought that the KDC was not in the right domain it'd prompt for password.

It was indeed, but then all documentation I refered to at the time required it
to be set up correctly, so...

(oh, and that was MIT Kerberos, not Heimdal, if that makes any difference)

Francis Galiegue, One2team - fg at one2team.com
[ATTENTION : CHANGEMENT DE COORDONNÉES !]
+33178945552, +33683877875, http://www.one2team.com
40 avenue Raymond Poincaré - 75116 PARIS