[Samba] Group membership not meshing

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 18:13:39 GMT 2008

Hello,

I have a user who shows up as a member of the office_administration
group when I run:
getent group | grep office_administration

However when I login as the user and run:
groups
or
id
I don't see the office_administration group listed.  And when the user
tries to write to a directory that the office_administration group
owns and has permission to write to, she is denied access (which I'm
assuming is because the group problem noted above).

Any ideas on how I can remedy the problem?  Any information I can
provide I'll be happy to do so, just let me know what you need.

Thanks!

Gentoo Linux 2.6.24
Samba 3.0.32

-Chad