[Samba] Samba 3.2.5 and vscan-clamav.so

Andrzej 0rion at epf.pl
Tue Dec 30 17:59:53 GMT 2008

Hello

Recently I migrated from samba 3.0.24 to samba 3.2.5 on Debian etch amd64. In
old system I have working samba-vscan used with ClamAV 0.91. Now I have ClamAV
0.94.2. I compiled vscan-clamav successfully, but when I try to connect to the
share, it fails and I get some strange messages in the samba logs: "Error
trying to resolve symbol 'init_samba_module' in
/usr/samba/lib/vfs/vscan-clamav.so". Actually there is no such symbol inside
compiled binary. Other compiled VFS modules have that symbol in binary. ClamAV
socket is configured correctly and have proper rights. How to get working vscan-
clamav with samba 3.2.5 ??
Next I compiled other antivirus VFS module - scannedonly from
scannedonly-0.11_git.patch.gz. In compiled binary also I haven't found
'init_samba_module'.

Any ideas?