[Samba] Samba using ADS

James Chavez james.chavez at sanmina-sci.com
Mon Dec 29 19:14:55 GMT 2008

Volker,
My friend you are the man. If ever in Phoenix I owe you a beer.
Do you know of any ramifications of altering this? As long as only one
person accesses the file at a time I should be OK I would think. The
smb.conf man page says that smbd keeps it's own locks and tries to match
these to posix locks for files opened by local or nfs access. At least I
understand it that way. I think I should be ok as these files will only
be accessed from these samba sessions.

Thank you again
James

On Mon, 2008-12-29 at 19:54 +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 10:50:10AM -0800, Chavez, James R. wrote:
> > I did not mention that the data I am sharing out is actually mounted
> > through NFS off of other boxes. Perhaps that helps with the NFS mentoin
> > in the log.
>
> Try "posix locking = no".
>
> Volker

CONFIDENTIALITY
This e-mail message and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail message in error, please immediately notify the sender and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any prints thereof.
ABSENT AN EXPRESS STATEMENT TO THE CONTRARY HEREINABOVE, THIS E-MAIL IS NOT INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR A WRITING.  Notwithstanding the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act or the applicability of any other law of similar substance and effect, absent an express statement to the contrary hereinabove, this e-mail message its contents, and any attachments hereto are not intended to represent an offer or acceptance to enter into a contract and are not otherwise intended to bind the sender, Sanmina-SCI Corporation (or any of its subsidiaries), or any other person or entity.