[Samba] Samba 3.2.6 upgrade -> smbd panic in printing.

Noel Proffitt noelp at ci.garden-grove.ca.us
Fri Dec 26 20:53:43 GMT 2008

Similar to Pedro Rodrigues and Jon Wilson, we are also running into the same smbd panic when printing on a after upgrading to Samba 3.2.6 on RedHat 5.2. I've seen this on two Samba server that I upgraded. We are not running an OpenLDAP backend. We have hundreds of users and over 50 printers.

Disabling the printcap cache using the "printcap cache time = 0" global directive seems avoid the code path and feature generating the panic.

Regards,
Noel Proffitt