[Samba] Listing shared printers

Tom Van Deun tomvdeun at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 12:40:24 GMT 2008

I need to be even more clear it seems.

I can only do the Unix (AIX) side. I have no resource kit available and a
quick look on the net doesn't seem to render any downloadable share.vbs
scripts. Besides (if well documented and well written) giving me info on the
flow of code on how to list shared printers on remote windows hosts a
Windows script won't do me much good.

Preferrebly something in C, C++ or any shell script language would do. I've
been looking around but it's not to be found. Not quickly anyway, I've only
started on this last Friday.

So, to summerize, I need an app/script/library or plain advice on:

- something like "smbclient -L <host>" but not smbclient itself
- for Unix / Linux (I'll port it need be)
- command line of course
- that lists shared printers on Windows systems
- preferably in greppable output format

Kind regards,

Tom