[Samba] Vista on domain... can Samba join without Administration priviledges?

Joe Farkas stpap at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 20 18:07:19 GMT 2008

Hello there,

I have a machine on campus which used to only have Vista. The admins set
up (in Vista) an account for me on the domain and given me administrator
rights (on the local machine). Linux/BSD alternatives are
a no-no here so I did the maverick thing and installed Fedora. But I would
like to have access to domain resources from my GNU/Linux partition if I
can (printing is especially an issue).

Assuming I don't know the administrator password on the active directory
machine and I can't do a:
net ads join -U administrator%password
is there a way for me to have access to domain resources? Assume that my
kerberos setup (krb5.conf) is fine and I can get tickets.

A pointer in the right direction would do; I can do the legwork myself.
Thanks