[Samba] samba 3.2.6 link error

George Sherwood pilot at beernabeer.com
Wed Dec 17 16:40:57 GMT 2008

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 15:44:19 +0100
Michael Adam <obnox at samba.org> wrote:

> Hi George,

> How do you compile/link mount.cifs?
>
> When doing a fresh build (autogen / configure / make everything),
> this should correctly create you bin/mount.cifs.
>
> In 3.2.6, a new object has been added to mount.cifs, namely
> client/mtab.o. So when you compile with a individual command
> like "gcc -o mount.cifs client/mount.cifs.c", this will fail with
> exactly the error message as specified above.

Michael,
Thanks for the pointer.  That was exactly the problem.  Not sure
why, but out distro was building mount.cifs.c separately for some
reason.  I took that part out and added the option for
--with-cifsmount and everything seems to be working now.

George

--
George Sherwood
Source Mage GNU/Linux Lead Developer