[Samba] Windows XP x64 (64bit) cannot join samba domain

al Al.Crate at rushes.co.uk
Tue Dec 16 11:41:35 GMT 2008

Hi,
   I`m having an issue trying to get Windows XP 64bit to join my samba
domain.

I`m running Version 3.0.31-0.fc8, I currently have no problems joining
my 32bit xp workstations to the domain, but xp x64 current refuses with
"parameter is incorrect" error, I`ve turn debug ouput on but can`t see
any obvious errors in the samba logs.

Checking the ldap entry shows the machine is disabled with [DW       ],
resetting/deleting this entry doesn`t help, as it is recreated in the
same state.

Does any one know of a solution to this problems?

cheers

al

/etc/samba/smb.conf
[global]
netbios name = BILL
workgroup = RUSHESFX
security = domain
passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://ldap0.rushesfx.co.uk
ldap admin dn = cn=Directory Manager
ldap suffix = dc=rushesfx,dc=co,dc=uk
ldap user suffix = ou=People
ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers
ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
#log level = 3
log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
os level = 33
domain logons = yes
domain master = yes
local master = yes
preferred master = yes

wins support = yes

logon home =
logon path =

logon script = %U.bat

# enable for roaming profiles
#logon home = \\BILL\%U
#logon path = \\BILL\%U\profile
#logon drive = H:

template shell = /bin/false
winbind use default domain = yes

idmap uid = 10000-40000
idmap gid = 10000-40000
template homedir = /dev/null

winbind enum users = yes
winbind enum groups = yes
winbind cache time = 300
# no is default
winbind nested groups = No

add machine script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w %u
add user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-usermod -a -B 0 %u
delete user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-userdel %u
add group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupadd -p %g
delete group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupdel %g
add user to group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -m %g %u
delete user from group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -x %g %u
set primary group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-usermod -g %g %u

Dos charset = 850
Unix charset = ISO8859-1

[netlogon]
path = /var/lib/samba/netlogon
read only = yes
browsable = no

Rushes Postproduction Limited, 66 Old Compton Street, London W1D 4UH
tel: +44 (0)20 7437 8676
web: http://www.rushes.co.uk
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, copy, distribute or disclose the e-mail or any part of its contents or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please e-mail the sender by replying to this message. All reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail. Rushes Postproduction Limited cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments and recommend that you subject these to your virus checking procedures prior to use.