[Samba] Failed to join domain: failed to set machine spn: Constraint violation

Alex Green Alex.Green at db.com
Mon Dec 15 17:41:20 GMT 2008

Hey Jerry,

I'm aware of that.  Due the restrictions placed within our AD environment, even users who have access to create computer objects don't have access to update the SPN or the host DNS name (AD record).

Additionally, my point was more; would it be possible to turn off the DNS update process by means of flag, rather than compile time option.

Regards,
Alex