[Samba] Samba configuration for win98, win2k and winxp clients

7willows 7willows at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Dec 15 11:18:01 GMT 2008

Hi

I have to configure Samba 3.0.28 on Solaris 10 update 6 to allow win98,
win2k and winxp clients access to shared storage in a small office. All
the clients can see the server but they are unable to authenticate to
gain access to the shares.  I have been asked to configure Samba so that
the users authenticate using their Solaris username and password. This
involves modifying the pam.conf to get samba to use the unix
authentication, I have tried various combinattions.
Can anyone give me any pointer?

TIA