[Samba] Samba 3.3.0rc1 for production server - is it save?

FC Mario Patty fcmario76 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 01:07:46 GMT 2008

We have 570 samba users and not more than half of that got samba server
access. Currently there are 39 users connected to samba and each of them
occupies 14-16Mb of RAM. Besides that there are root processes 3-5 times
smbd processes (each accupies 14-16Mb of RAM too). I know that sometimes
samba needs to switch to root to do specific root's task but do they need
that much?

PS. I have kaspersky processes too but totally they only eat not more than
400Mb. Even though I killed Kaspersky, syslog, apache and webmin and switch
to init 3, they still eat the memory out.