[Samba] File permission (easy)

Pol Hallen samb at fuckaround.org
Thu Dec 11 19:18:10 GMT 2008

Hi all :-)

mount -t cifs //ip_server/tmp /home/share/tmp -o "username=xxx,password,xxx)

touch tmp.bak /home/share/tmp
touch: setting times of `home/share/tmp/tmp.bak': No such file or directory

(similarly I can only create a file/dir but I can't write on it, I can delete
file/dir)

I also tried to do:
echo 0 > /proc/fs/cifs/LinuxExtensionsEnabled
mount -t cifs //ip_server/tmp /home/share/tmp
echo 1 > /proc/fs/cifs/LinuxExtensionsEnabled
(read in old post of ML)

but there's same error.

permission on the server

drwxrwx--T  6 user0 user0 4096 2008-08-20 15:08 tmp
user0 is in samba group

client details:
debian testing
kernel 2.6.26.5

server details:
debian stable
kernel 2.6.22.19

smb.conf

netbios name = FILESERVER
workgroup = WORKGROUP
Server String = FILESERVER
wins support = yes
name resolve order = wins host dns bcast
hosts allow = 192.168.1.102
guest account = samba
loglevel=2
log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
security=user
encrypt passwords = yes
null passwords = no
#unix extensions = no
#acl support = no

[tmp]
path=/share/tmp
guest ok = no
writable = yes
printable = no
#read only = yes
valid users = user0
case sensitive = yes

I also tried with unix extensions = yes, and acl support = yes

From windows and mac osx client everything is ok.

With konqueror if I use smb://ip_server/tmp I can add, modify, remove
files/dirs

What I will do?
Thanks!

Pol