[Samba] Samba AD authentication: not prompting for password

Chris Henderson henders254 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 06:02:43 GMT 2008

I'm using Samba to authenticate against Active Directory. After the
initial setup, I mounted the
UNIX drive under XP using my AD credentials. Now every time I mount
the drives under XP, I am not
being asked for a username and password anymore. I have re-booted my
XP, deleted the share from My
Network Places under XP with no luck. I tried from another XP machine
with a different AD user
credentials and the first time I mounted the drive, I was asked for a
username and password and now I can
login withone one!

I have done "kdestroy" to destory kerberos cache, restarted smb, nmb,
winbind with no luck.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

My versions: