[Samba] Any possibility to apply policies on WinXP machines using samba 3.2.3 ?

Michael Heydon michaelh at jaswin.com.au
Wed Dec 10 00:54:22 GMT 2008

hamacker wrote:
> Any possibility to apply policies on WinXP machines using samba 3.2.3 ?
>
> I was create a local policies using gpedit.msc and I  would like to
> apply to entire network.

All versions of samba prior to 4 (which is still in testing) implement
an NT4 style domain. NT4 does not have support for active directory
style group policies, but it does support older poledit policies.

Grab a copy of Poledit from MS, get some templates (either from admin
packs from MS or from one of several websites around the place) and make
an NTConfig.POL file, save it to your netlogon share and you are done.

*Michael Heydon - IT Administrator *
michaelh at jaswin.com.au <mailto:michaelh at jaswin.com.au>