[Samba] The way things used to work...

Dragan Lukic ldrax at panline.net
Fri Dec 5 21:36:20 GMT 2008

Again..... 22 more days and 388 more messages later... STILL no answer to my
(simple) request?

To to be brief:
- need share level of security
- need forcing of user who access that share
- need forcing of file/directory create mask
Goal: Allowing network users (as well as local user) to access defined share
via samba, without any user/password prompt, and with granting 755 permissions
on all files/directories under that share and with ownership of local
user/group.
Of course, shared directory exists, it has permissions set up accordingly, and
local user also exists, and have those permissions.
All these rules are matched with following smb.conf (real entries are replaced
with foo/bar) and it is working on 3.0.25b and 3.0.28a versions of samba on
mandriva 2008.0 and 2008.1.
Again, same ruleset IS NOT working on samba 3.2.3 on Mandriva 2009.0. (samba-
server-3.2.3-3mdv2009.0)

[global]
    workgroup = FOO
    server string = FOO Server