[Samba] How to enable offline bit in SAMBA

Eric Diven eric.diven at edsiohio.com
Thu Dec 4 15:26:53 GMT 2008

The answer is probably going to depend upon exactly how the files are
offline.  The Tobi Oetiker samfs patch will compare the size of the
files to the number of blocks on disk that the file is taking up, and
set the offline bit for any file where the num_blocks * 512 < file_size.
The patch files on his site are tied to the various versions of samba,
but I've never had a problem doing a find and replace on a similar
version.  3.0.28 should work on 3.0.33, and 3.2.4 should work on 3.2.5,
for example.

http://tobi.oetiker.ch/solaris/sambasamfs/

Good luck,

~Eric