[Samba] mounting windows homedir when using winbind

kovlensky at interia.pl kovlensky at interia.pl
Wed Dec 3 13:12:09 GMT 2008

I've got samba with winbind set up, local machine is acting as domain member. getnet returns windows users/groups, wbinfo confirms that local machine acts is domain member, logging through ssh with pam_winbind set u works etc. On another machine, windoes xp also being domain member, I've got homedir share mounted antomatically as U: from //server/users. When I try to mount this share from Linux domain member it does mount (by smbmount) or I can connect to it (by smbclient) when providing correct credentials, however any access to it returns "access denied". Here goes example:

DOMAIN+USER at machine:~> smbclient -U DOMAIN+USER //server/users
OS=[Windows Server 2003 3790 Service Pack 2] Server=[Windows Server 2003 5.2]
smb: \> ls
NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED listing \*

One more time - this share works perfectly ok when mounted from windows. I can also happily mount and use any other share from this server, when conencting with windows credentials - except homedir, which is mounted on windows automatically by windows profile script. Samba version is 3.0.24-2.23. smb.conf, as minimal as possible, is included below. Any ideas?

Regards,

Zdenek

[global]
workgroup = DOMAIN