[Samba] Print Operator Rights in AD environment

Derek Harkness dharknes at umd.umich.edu
Mon Dec 1 17:58:07 GMT 2008

net sam addmember gives me "Adding local group member failed with
NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_ALIAS".

I added root to my local smbpasswd file but if I attempt to use the
account I get NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE.

More information might help.  Or it might just confuse the situation.

I am running winbind but not using nss_winbind.  This is an old Samba/
unix domain that I'm integrating into an existing AD domain, so I have
all the user's posix information in ldap and have this in my smb.conf

idmap domains = ADS Domain
idmap config ADSROOT:backend = nss
idmap config ADSROOT:default = yes

Oh and to confuse the matter a bit more, the AD is setup to use pass
thru authentication to an external kerberos realm.

Thanks,
Derek