[Samba] Print Operator Rights in AD environment

Derek Harkness dharknes at umd.umich.edu
Mon Dec 1 16:58:58 GMT 2008

I am attempting to set the SePrintOperatorPrivilege right on my RHEL
5.2 samba server and need some guidance.  The samba box is currently
joined to an AD forest in which I have a delegated OU, I do not have a
Domain Admin account.  Samba seems to want/need an Admin account in
order to make changes to the server configuration such as rights.

So the question is.  Is there away to set a local administrator
account or to map my AD account to a local administrator?

Thanks,
Derek