RE [Samba] samba & ldap how work group ?

Stéphane PURNELLE stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Mon Dec 1 15:06:10 GMT 2008

look for smbldap account as this URL :
https://gna.org/projects/smbldap-tools/

You will find tools for manage user and group in ldap witn same usage than
 passwd management.
You can find here (in french) some ACL information :
http://www.linuxplusvalue.be/mylpv.php?id=153

-----------------------------------
Stéphane PURNELLE                         stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32 087/342467

franck dufau <franckdufau at free.fr> a écrit sur 01/12/2008 15:52:20 :

> YES posixAccount is in my ldap tree !
>
> perhaps everything is ok in fact !
>
> i need to find a doc for ACL...!!!
>
> my pb is all user i create are in group : Domain Users
>
> i want to add an new/other group for an user
>
> can a user be in many group in ldap ?
>
> i don't know how to do this !
>
> cordialement
>
> Franck Dufau
>
> Stéphane PURNELLE wrote:
> > Have you posixAccount objectclass in your ldap tree?
> >
> > If getent work fine, you can set ACL on group same as you want.
> >
> > Is secure if users cannot connect to samba PDC.
> >

> > -----------------------------------
> > Stéphane PURNELLE                         stephane.purnelle at corman.be
> > Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32
087/342467

> > franck dufau <franckdufau at free.fr>
> > 01/12/2008 15:22

> > Stéphane PURNELLE <stephane.purnelle at corman.be>
> > cc
> > samba at lists.samba.org
> > Objet
> > Re: RE [Samba] samba & ldap how work group ?
> >

> > hye tks for answer,
> >
> > libnss-ldap.conf & libpam-ldap are installed...
> >
> > actualy i have modifie libnss-ldap.conf like this :
> >
> > host 127.0.0.1
> > base dc=domaine,dc=local
> > uri ldap://127.0.0.1
> > rootbinddn cn=admin,dc=domaine,dc=local
> > bind_policy soft
> >
> > and pam_ldap.conf like this :
> >
> > host 127.0.0.1
> > base dc=domaine,dc=local
> > uri ldap://127.0.0.1/
> >
> > i have modifie too nsswitch.conf like this :
> >
> > passwd:          compat          ldap
> > group:           compat          ldap
> > shadow: compat           ldap
> >
> > like this win station can use samba pdc with ldap authentification
> > but on the pdc samba server users of domaine can NOT logging !!
> >
> > ldap users are not recognized !
> >
> > BUT when i do as root getent passwd result looks like OK with my users
> > from domaine !?!
> >
> > What's wrong ?
> >
> > many tanks for time and help...
> >
> > Cordialement
> >
> > Franck Dufau
> >
> > Stéphane PURNELLE wrote:
> >> You must configure nss_ldad and pam_ldap.
> >
> >> And Linux will see accounts and groups in your ldap tree same as
> >> /etc/group .
> >
> >> Bien à vous
> >

> >> -----------------------------------
> >> Stéphane PURNELLE                         stephane.purnelle at corman.be
> >> Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32
087/342467

> >> samba-bounces+stephane.purnelle=corman.be at lists.samba.org a écrit sur

> >> 01/12/2008 14:43:44 :
> >
> >> Hye all,
> >
> >> i have install samba as PDC with openldap authentification everything
> >> work fine.
> >
> >> But i want to create différent group with différent privileges on
folder

> [...]
PURNELLE/COR/SOPARIND]