[Samba] Very Slow!

Gregory Carter gcarter at aesgi.com
Fri Aug 29 17:54:53 GMT 2008

Oh, and BY THE WAY.

I do not want to be a total cynic, but you are expecting samba to
replace a software product that the SuSE corporation directly receives
MILLIONS in contributions from, said vendor of product it is replacing.
(Microsoft.)

SuSe would be the absolute LAST linux distro I would use for any sort of
samba integration.

If I did use it for that purpose, it would be compile from source or I
would audit the samba source code first.

Who KNOWS what those millions have provided in those "special extra
features" Microsoft would like to see in the SuSe customer distro that
right now could be giving you a lot of headaches.

It is only a matter of time before Microsoft starts influencing the
packaging decisions for SuSE.

-gc