[Samba] Samba + Vista SP1 usernames with @ not working

Andrei Mikhailovsky mlists at arhont.com
Fri Aug 29 17:01:59 GMT 2008

Hi

Thanks for your post. After a bit of playing I found out that the
problem is not with "@" symbol, but with "." in the username. If i
remove the "." from the username all starts to work fine.

The server side does not produce any errors, even in debug mode I do not
see anything suspicious or different from successfull authentication. I
think authentication succeeds from the server side, but Vista SP1
manages to brake things.  I will do more research on this and post in
the mailing list.

Meanwhile, I will create a new post with this problem

Andrei