[Samba] SPNEGO NTLMSSP failure

Sudheer Kurichiyath skurichiyath at vmware.com
Fri Aug 29 08:24:04 GMT 2008

Hi,

The cifs client that I am working on is having some problem with SPNEGO/NTLMSSP. Session Setup AndX is failing in the last exchange of NTLMSSP. The error I am getting is 0xC00000D(STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER). I am also seeing the following message in the log

"spnego_parse_auth(466) spnego_auth_parse failed at 7. "

I am using Heimdal library to generate SPNEGO/NTLMSSP messages.

I very much appreciate if someone could provide me the reasons for this error. The samba server I am using is Samba 3.0.28-0.el5.8.

Thanks and Regards

Sudheer