[Samba] shadow_copy for homes share

Aaron Browne gopodge at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 00:48:25 GMT 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 11:09 PM, Cory Coager <ccoager at davisvision.com>wrote:

> I'm guessing this patch isn't part of binaries distributed through SLES
> which is why it isn't working for me.  Thanks for the info.

Maybe you can go about it a different way and offer a "recovery" drive to
the users. Rather than using "homes" for the shadow_copy, which is posing
problems for you, setup another share called "recover" that points to the
snapshot area. Users can then to browse into their home directory via the
"recover" share and recover/view their old files.

Cheers,
Aaron