[Samba] [ANNOUNCE] Samba 3.2.2 Available for Download

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Wed Aug 27 05:45:14 GMT 2008

Quoting Jeremy Allison (jra at samba.org):
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 03:42:13PM -0700, Daniel L. Miller wrote:
> > Since all I saw were bugfixes, no feature changes - do we need to
> > *gently* press the Debian team to use 3.2.2, instead of 3.2.1?
>
> That would help....

We're doing our best, folks.

3.2.2 packages are ready (working the package wasn't that
straightforward after some binary renaming that happened for cifs
utilities..as well as some (good) changes to libraries installation).

3.2.1 entered testing two days ago and we now need to talk with our
release team to get a pre-agreement by them that they will accept
3.2.2 for lenny. Steve Langasek is the one who know how to write such
mails (he combines two qualities I don't have: being an English native
speaker and understandign Samba's code...:-) ).

We also have issues we need to work on:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=495653 has to be
reported to you guys

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=496073 is also a
concern. This is Bugzilla bug #5715...

I think we'll make it, indeed. But, at least for #496073, we know
we'll need another upload for a very probably 3.2.3...:-)

As, and that's a major difference with, say OpenSuse packaging, all
this happens on our unpaid time, we sometimes lag behind the two
efficient Samba developers...-)