[Samba] [ANNOUNCE] Samba 3.3.0pre1 Available for Download

Christian McHugh christian.mchugh at nau.edu
Tue Aug 26 14:04:28 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 26 August 2008 03:35:22 Karolin Seeger wrote:
> Major enhancements in Samba 3.3.0 include:
>
>  Winbind:
>  o Simplyfied idmap configuration.
>  o Added new parameter "winbind reconnect delay".

As a lowly admin I can only beg: Has anyone looked at forward porting the
patch from bug 3661? It would make my life much easier, and looks like it
might close bugs 3661, 5363, and maybe 4069.

Problem seems to be that idmap_ad only looks at the domain it is joined to and
does not look up attributes for trusted domains. This forces us to use a
third party product to lookup rfc2307 attributes from our two AD domains.

Thanks,
Christian McHugh
Northern Arizona University