[Samba] winbindd_idmap.tdb

Chris Smith smb_77 at chrissmith.org
Mon Aug 25 15:17:22 GMT 2008

Two member servers of an NT4 PDC have different uid maps. I'm replacing
one of the servers and it would be nice to have their maps be
identical.

If I copy the winbindd_idmap.tdb from the server that will remain to the
new server will this mapping be retained (and therefore identical)?

What other tdb's besides passdb.tdb and secrets.tdb (only acting as a
member server, sharing files, no printer use) are needed to be able to
retain the server's identity (act as a plugin replacement)?

Thank you.
--
Chris