[Samba] [ANNOUNCE] Samba 3.2.2 Available for Download

James Kosin JKosin at intcomgrp.com
Fri Aug 22 20:16:35 GMT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Eischen [mailto:eischen at vigrid.com]
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2008 3:34 PM
To: James Kosin
Cc: Brian H. Nelson; samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: RE: [Samba] [ANNOUNCE] Samba 3.2.2 Available for Download

>Using -rpath/-R is the norm for Solaris packages.  Samba
>already is built with knowledge of where it is installed
>and where its lib, data, var, etc directories reside.
>
>What is _not_ the norm, is having to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH in
>order for your applications to work.  Take a look at all
>the packages at sunfreeware.com - they are all built for
>/usr/local and, at least from hundred or so packages I've
>installed from there, none require LD_LIBRARY_PATH to work
>when their libraries are in /usr/local/lib.
>
>--
>DE

Actually, I'll have to check to see if Michael back-ported the configure
option to specify the destination directory for the libraries.  The
default seems to be in the %prefix/lib/samba directory with many
packages moving them to the %prefix/lib directory and keeping the rest
in the %prefix/lib/samba structure.

James K.