[Samba] How to Join Samba Client to a Samba PDC Domain with ldap?

Adam Williams awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us
Fri Aug 22 15:03:28 GMT 2008

/etc/ldap.conf will handle the linux shell accounts, use
authconfig-tui.  for getting samba on your centos 5.2 server talking to
your PDC, see chapter 7 of Samba 3 by example.pdf.  you won't need to
run slapd on your centos 5.2 server unless you want to have it act as a
slave/read only/replication LDAP server to your PDC server which isn't
required.