[Samba] Roaming profiles

Mike Eggleston mikeegg1 at mac.com
Fri Aug 22 14:18:40 GMT 2008

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008, Mugo Martin might have said:

> Hi all, thanks for your replies
>
> I got the profiles to work, did not remove the
>
> profile acls = Yes
>
> line. This is my profiles section;
>
> [profiles]
>         comment = User profiles
>         path = /var/lib/samba/profiles
>         read only = No
>         profile acls = Yes
>         valid users = %U
>         force user = %U

I added the 'profile acls = Yes' to my /etc/samba/smb.conf, ran
'testparm', then 'service smb condrestart'.  All seemed ok, so I
logged out of my xp work station, booted the work station, and logged
back in.  When logging in I get the error that my roaming profile is not
valid/available. The detail says 'the specified network name is no longer
available.' So I reversed the change, bounced samba again (the service,
not the box), logged out of xp, booted, and logged back in and got the
same error.

Any ideas what's going on?

Mike