[Samba] Files dates mangled

Goodman, Roger L CTR JCS J8 SAMD Roger.Goodman at js.pentagon.mil
Thu Aug 21 18:16:01 GMT 2008

Greetings, all!
	We are having problems with file dates getting set incorrectly when we update a file from Windows.  We are using Samba 3.0.2a on a Solaris 10 (0508 distribution) server, accessing from Windows XP SP2.
	When we edit a file on the automount from a Windows box, the file creation date, file modified date, and file accessed date all get set to the current time (as shown in the Windows Explorer).  We need the file creation date to remain as it's original date.  Example:
In Windows, right-click on new150.doc, select properties, as we see:
Created:	July 15, 2007, 1:30:25 PM
Modified:	July 15, 2007, 1:30:25 PM
Accessed:	Today, August 21, 2008, 1:55:06PM

Now if I modify the file, I see the properties are now:
Created:	Today, August 21, 2008, 1:58:22 PM
Modified:	Today, August 21, 2008, 1:58:22 PM
Accessed:	Today, August 21, 2008, 1:58:22 PM

	We have tried a lot/most of the settings in SWAT, but nothing seems to fix this.  Can someone point me in the right direction here?  Thanks, Roger