[Samba] Roaming profiles

Mugo Martin mmuchira at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 14:16:29 GMT 2008

Hi all, thanks for your replies

I got the profiles to work, did not remove the

profile acls = Yes

line. This is my profiles section;

[profiles]
        comment = User profiles
        path = /var/lib/samba/profiles
        read only = No
        profile acls = Yes
        valid users = %U
        force user = %U

That together with the other mentioned configs and commands.
Added a line not in the Samba 3.0.28 master configuration files however.
Dont know whether this is right.

John, the SIDs are different and I had to use this guide to migrate them
because the UIDs and passwords are different on either server.

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2005-December/115326.html

ps: My setup (CentOS 5.1, Samba 3.0.28, Openldap 2.x.x)

Best regards,
Martin.